Things to Consider When Selecting a Roofing Company or Contractor:
- Experience – This is the most important consideration because a person’s experience will ensure that the work you have done on your roof is carried out in a professional manner.
- Look at their portfolio – A contractor’s portfolio will offer you a better understanding of what they can do. Also, this will provide you with a list of references from previous customers.
- Price of the Job – You should get price quotes from various companies and compare them. A good rule of thumb is to get quotes from three separate companies. Cheapest doesn’t always mean better, so it’s important to follow up on asking for referrals along with quotes.
- Evaluate the Skills and Knowledge – When you are looking to hire a roofer who really knows his craft, it is valuable for you to do a little research. Call the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and check to see if there are any complaints or other problems that have been filed against the contractor.
When looking for a roofing contractor, you’ll want to find the best. A roofing contractor is the professional who will be responsible for repairing or installing a new roof on your home.
To ensure the job is done properly and according to your standards, you need to make sure that you hire the person who is right for the job you need done.
Whether you are building a new home, renovating an existing home, or repairing damages that have been left behind after severe weather, there are multiple reasons you may need a roofing contractor.
Let’s look at a few questions that you should ask a potential roofer before they begin doing work on your home:
- Is the professional licensed?
- Does the roofer carry liability insurance?
- Will they do free estimates?
- Will they provide referrals?
Each province has its own guidelines for what a person must do to be a standard contractor. Making certain that the roofing contractor is licensed and insured, you can have the peace of mind and assurance that the person is indeed a professional.
By verifying that the individual or company carries liability insurance, you’ll be protected from any claims that might be filled dues to injuries, property damages, accidents, or mishaps.
Here are a few more tips to help you in your search for roofing contractors.
If you want to ensure that your roofing needs are handled by the best, give us a call today. Our experts will get the job done right, the first time.
Whether it’s maintenance, roof replacements, or just a simple inspection, we’ve got you covered!